Author Topic: FS: The Dynastic Hero (COMPLETE MINT CONDITION) for Turbo Duo *USA Release*  (Read 1804 times)

ShinobiMan

Hey guys. First time poster here. I've never sold anything from my collection before, and rather than go through ebay, I wanted to give honest PC Engine collectors a chance to score this one.

A few months ago, it was brought to my attention that I own one of (if not the) rarest games in the Turbo Grafx CD collection. That game is The Dynastic Hero.

Throughout my childhood I collected games with my Dad, and since he passed away in 2007, I have not parted with anything from the bulk of the collection. But unfortunately, money has been tight recently, and the selling of this game to a fellow collector could really help my situation.

Upon seeing what this title goes for on EBAY, and after receiving private messages from members on Digital Press, I have decided that in order for me to sell, the offer would have to be $500.

The private message I received stated that they bought the game recently for $450. Again, I'm asking for $500.

Thank you for taking an interest. Let me know if you have any questions.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: FS: The Dynastic Hero (COMPLETE MINT CONDITION) for Turbo Duo *USA Release*
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 03:24:53 AM »
Leave us honest PC Engine collectors alone and sell it where they welcome price gouging clowns with open arms - on eBay.  The last one sold there for $480 (which saved the buyer $20, earned him/her $10 in eBay Bucks, and provided 'em with the various buyer protections baked into eBay transactions), so why on earth should anyone pay you a $60 premium over eBay's already sky-high prices?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 03:43:05 AM »
boo,

I sold my copy two years ago for $150, and I felt bad for doing that.  When I got it back in the day, I got it with Bonk 3CD, and Super Air Zonk in one of those "TZD buy two get one free deals".

I offer 500 pesos.

ShinobiMan

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 04:59:53 AM »
Guys, I'm basing my price off of this article (http://www.racketboy.com/retro/turbografx-16/2010/07/the-rarest-most-valuable-pc-engine-turbografx-16-games.html) and first hand accounts from people on Digital Press, a community that I've been apart of for over 9 years. Why would I sell for any less when I know there are collectors out there who can and will pay $500 for it.

I'm very attached to my collection, and over the years I've never sold anything from it. This is actually a big step for me to take. I'm not trying to rip anyone off. This is what it sells for legitimately.

On a side note, I too got this game through TZD back in 1994. God I miss those days.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 05:24:50 AM »
No worries dude, you should sell it for whatever you can get.....(try eBay!)    ;)

We've just had a run of new members coming to these forums and making their first post one of these "Hey I have an ultra rare game, first $500 gets it!" and it strokes the community the wrong way.

We get it that it's ultra rare, and goes for crazy prices on the bay, but don't expect to make too many friends on these forums posting these kind of threads.  This is a place where long time members are posting "free game raffle" threads literally giving games to each other for free.

I'd like to see these threads go away, by making it a 20 minimum to post things for sale personally.  I'm sick of seeing these one and done posters, where their only post is of a sale of an ultra rare $599.99 game insulting everyone here.  Then they *poof* disappear never to be seen again. 

I hope you're not one of those ShinobiMan, I'd like to get to know REAL new members!  :)

jperryss

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 05:29:42 AM »
I'd say turboStar pretty much nailed it, but don't take it personally.
I agree there should be a minimum post count before posting a FS thread OR a WTB thread.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 07:31:06 AM »
As has been said, what in the world would be the point of us buying it here, or you selling it here? If any of us here were STUPID enough to pay $500 for this game, then we'd just buy it from eBay. eBay is where people buy stuff like that for ridiculous prices, so eBay is where you sell it.

This statement, "The private message I received stated that they bought the game recently for $450. Again, I'm asking for $500." just makes me want to puke my f*cking guts out.

"Sorry, I won't take %10 less than totally insane price, I want the full totally insane price. I want ten times what it cost new. I want as much money as it has ever gone for on eBay, and I don't want to pay any seller/PayPal fees. I want money!"

Even even if you can't see that you are one seriously greedy mofo, and even if you can't see that some douchebags on Digitial Press are totally out of touch, it doesn't matter because you aren't going to get anything like that kind of money around here. Take it to eBay.

I mean, "FS: The Dynastic Hero (COMPLETE MINT CONDITION) for Turbo Duo *USA Release*" That's an eBay auction name right there already. Just see if you can fit OOP R@RE in there somehow.

I don't know what the solution to this problem is, but the endless flood of wankers who's first post is an attempt to gouge this forum's members for some hilariously overpriced US release is getting really old. I barely even have the energy to flame these guys and tell them to get real jobs.

MotherGunner

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 09:02:37 AM »
There is a solution to these kinds of threads.  I am gathering my facts first and will make a formal pitch to Aaron.

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

ShinobiMan

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 01:09:25 PM »
Sorry dudes. I didn't mean to rub you the wrong way. Truth is, I didn't know it was a "totally insane" price. In fact, I already got a private message from someone who is interested, as it's one of two games that completes his collection. So there you go.

I love the Turbo Grafx and it's games, so I'm hoping I can contribute to this community when I can. Sorry my first post had to be a sale, but honestly, I thought I'd reach out to the people who would perhaps want or appreciate this game the most. Not some random game collector who just wants it because it's so rare.

As cheesy as it sounds, I want to give it a good home.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 01:11:04 PM by ShinobiMan »

Sparky

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 01:55:52 PM »
Sorry dudes. I didn't mean to rub you the wrong way. Truth is, I didn't know it was a "totally insane" price. In fact, I already got a private message from someone who is interested, as it's one of two games that completes his collection. So there you go.

One person inquires about it here and "there ya go" ?? what does that mean?

See when i deal with other fellow collectors that want a game to go to a good home they usually sell it at a fair price, a price that a collector can appreciate and be thankful as they did did not have to go to ebay and over pay for it.

How long has it been up for sale on DP? and now you are over here...
Your waiting an awfully long time for a game that is "worth it" to sell  <<shrugs>>

EDIT: dude you posted back on August 4th looking to sell this on DP, hey look we are a good bunch here and love the TG and PCE but you are coming off looking for top dollar and you are getting judged... to bad man as new members are always welcome but first impressions count...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 02:21:49 PM by Sparky »

nectarsis

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 02:24:48 PM »
In fact, I already got a private message from someone who is interested, as it's one of two games that completes his collection. So there you go.

Most likely one of the handful of people here that have helped push TG prices to all new ludicrous highs.  Hardly the norm as certain people have the "I NEED IT WILL PAY WHATEVER IT TAKES" attitudes. 
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

ShinobiMan

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 05:06:55 PM »
EDIT: dude you posted back on August 4th looking to sell this on DP, hey look we are a good bunch here and love the TG and PCE but you are coming off looking for top dollar and you are getting judged... to bad man as new members are always welcome but first impressions count...

I actually would have posted it on this website the same day, but it took over a month for my membership to be accepted here.

hey look we are a good bunch here and love the TG and PCE but you are coming off looking for top dollar and you are getting judged... to bad man as new members are always welcome but first impressions count...

Look, forget about it. I thought I was offering something great for Turbo collectors, as I was and still am one myself. I'm asking for $500 because I thought that's what it was worth.

If you guys want to play judge jury and executioner based on your first impression of me, I won't stop you. Know this though, I'm a pretty cool guy. Heck I've been a part of the Digital Press community for over 9 years. They like me over there, and many of them said they would buy the game from me if they had the money. Some even said it was a decent price. I'm only going one what I've been told. Sorry if I came off like a money grubbing whore.

So how about $489?  :wink:

Also, if you want to read the thread I started on Digital Press, I encourage you to. http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147088

Based on the warm response there, you can understand why I'm a bit perplexed at the reaction here.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 05:19:55 PM by ShinobiMan »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 05:26:08 PM »
Heck I've been a part of the Digital Press community for over 9 years. They like me over there, and many of them said they would buy the game from me if they had the money.

Yes, this is not surprising. Those guys seem to love the idea that their game collections are (supposedly) worth ass loads of money.

How many people have ever payed anything like $500 for this game? Three? One? Just because one day some shithead on eBay with his first credit card payed way way too much for something doesn't mean that's what its worth in the grand scheme of things. If it was actually worth $500 you would have sold it by now. Why do you still have the game? What's the problem?

People will only pay $500 for this game in a crazy environment like eBay. It doesn't really happen very often outside of that f*cked up, unrealistic environment. If you want that kind of cash, then take it there. This is a website for fans of NEC stuff. We do buy and sell here, but its not the focus and we keep the prices reasonable. I'm not going to drop nearly week's pay on some silly thing like Dynastic Hero and I'd be surprised if anyone else here did either. You're well into the realm of arcade PCBs and Neo Geo carts with that kind of lunacy.

ShinobiMan

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 05:37:07 PM »
Yes, this is not surprising. Those guys seem to love the idea that their game collections are (supposedly) worth ass loads of money.

How many people have ever payed anything like $500 for this game? Three? One? Just because one day some shithead on eBay with his first credit card payed way way too much for something doesn't mean that's what its worth in the grand scheme of things. If it was actually worth $500 you would have sold it by now. Why do you still have the game? What's the problem?

People will only pay $500 for this game in a crazy environment like eBay. It doesn't really happen very often outside of that f*cked up, unrealistic environment. If you want that kind of cash, then take it there. This is a website for fans of NEC stuff. We do buy and sell here, but its not the focus and we keep the prices reasonable. I'm not going to drop nearly week's pay on some silly thing like Dynastic Hero and I'd be surprised if anyone else here did either. You're well into the realm of arcade PCBs and Neo Geo carts with that kind of lunacy.

OK, fair enough response. But hey, you can't blame me for trying. I honestly thought that it was worth $500, and at this point in my life I really need the money. I've fallen on hard times like a lot of people in this country.

I think I'll try ebay. I'm sorry for wasting your time.

Mathius

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 05:47:57 PM »
I'll just stick with my copy of Wonder Boy IV on the Genny. :)
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406