Author Topic: FS: The Dynastic Hero (COMPLETE MINT CONDITION) for Turbo Duo *USA Release*  (Read 1811 times)

SignOfZeta

Re: FS: The Dynastic Hero (COMPLETE MINT CONDITION) for Turbo Duo *USA Release*
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 07:17:23 PM »
I've fallen on hard times like a lot of people in this country.

Yes, poor America and its legions of downtrodden who can barely afford the newest iPhone or the $300 a month it takes to fuel their school bus sized SUV.

Since you didn't specify which country, I assume you are American. If you are actually Somali or Haitian, except my apologies.

ShinobiMan

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 02:32:35 AM »
Yes, poor America and its legions of downtrodden who can barely afford the newest iPhone or the $300 a month it takes to fuel their school bus sized SUV.

Since you didn't specify which country, I assume you are American. If you are actually Somali or Haitian, except my apologies.

WOW, you really are a mean spirited person. Do people actually like you around here?

Yes I am American, and for your information I can't afford an iphone. I live paycheck to paycheck and rarely can afford any luxuries, yet alone my rent.

Man, it's amazing how even on a PC Engine message board you can find such hate. Really guys, I didn't mean any harm when I started this thread, but some people are determined to label me.

Obfuscate

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 03:01:12 AM »
Shinobi, I'm sure you're a nice guy in real life, however this isn't real life it the internets, therefore we just see a price gouger. You'd probably get a pass if you were a regular member not a newb that is only here to further drive prices up on our beloved turbos. There are guys here that have spent years {decades} slowly putting together near complete collections just to see prices triple or more in the last 2 years making it near impossible.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 03:03:40 AM »
In fact, I already got a private message from someone who is interested, as it's one of two games that completes his collection. So there you go.

And they obviously weren't interested in paying your inflated price, else it'd be sold.  Right?

I thought I'd reach out to the people who would perhaps want or appreciate this game the most. Not some random game collector who just wants it because it's so rare.

I don't think such a person exists, not here anyway.  I can't think of any active, contributing PCEFXers that would willingly pay more than bloated eBay prices, so the only interest you'll find at such a price will be from OMGR@RE!! collectors or someone looking to toss it up on eBay with an $800 BIN.

Really guys, I didn't mean any harm when I started this thread, but some people are determined to label me.

You mentioned a sale for $450 and I showed you an eBay auction that would have netted the seller a similar amount, yet you feel the need to tack on an additional 10-15% and insist that you're not padding the bill.  And you wonder why you've been called out for price gouging?!?

U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

jperryss

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 03:23:34 AM »
Props to the OP for actually taking this like a mature individual. I understand the frustration of a lot of members here trying to complete their collections, but you guys do tend to rip people apart (sometimes justifiably).

Just my humble opinion, of course.

/dons flame suit.

RoyVegas

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 04:32:52 AM »
I understand the frustration of a lot of members here trying to complete their collections, but you guys do tend to rip people apart (sometimes justifiably).

Quoted for truth.
All is well. :)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 04:45:16 AM »
Who's frustrated and since when is telling someone to go to eBay if they want eBay prices 'ripping people apart'?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 05:36:04 AM »
Guys, I'm basing my price off of this article (http://www.racketboy.com/retro/turbografx-16/2010/07/the-rarest-most-valuable-pc-engine-turbografx-16-games.html) and first hand accounts from people on Digital Press, a community that I've been apart of for over 9 years.

f*ck Digital Press.

Those sissy pansy blowhards don't know dick about the PCE and cry all the time about everything.

The game isn't worth 500$, anyone who writes an article saying it is should be put down.  That whole price article is a laugh.  ignore it.

also ignore anyone who actually pays the jacked pricing.  There are some turbob collectors who will get what they want no matter what the price is.  They're what we call "dumbasses".

anyway, welcome.  and no worries for your honest mistake.

The game is realistically worth like, 150-200$.

It's not like it's become any rarer since the last time it sold for normal prices.  The only thing thats changed is more greedy peckerpumps showed up to cash in on the fact that the Turbo Grafx in and of itself is more obscure than the other US systems of the time.     

Dont become one of the greedy peckerpumps!

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 05:38:34 AM by Arkhan »
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Mathius

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 06:00:42 AM »
I would suggest you get in on the game related conversations we are having and let us get to know you better. And after awhile if you still feel the need to sell it give the community a good deal on it. Heck if you only sell it for $150 you are still getting a profit.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

SignOfZeta

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2010, 06:17:10 AM »
I understand the frustration of a lot of members here trying to complete their collections, but you guys do tend to rip people apart (sometimes justifiably).

Quoted for truth.

And you can go f*ck yourself.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 06:18:20 AM »

Quoted for truth.

And you can go f*ck yourself.

Quoted for truth.

RoyVegas

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 06:21:11 AM »
And both of you prove my point.  Thanks
All is well. :)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 06:24:17 AM »

Quote from: 'RoyVegas'
And both of you prove my point.  Thanks

(sometimes justifiably).

Game. Set. Match.

Arkhan.

exile

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 07:39:03 AM »
I hate that veteran members run off potential new members just on the fact that they try to sell their games. We could use new blood on these forums. Its always the same elitist attitude that shoos people away. Are we not collectors? Are we not gamers? if you had 500 to blow wouldn't you jump at the chance to buy that game or any other desirable product? Lets not throw stones NO ONE here is perfect. We all have flaws and needs. Than man could genuinely need 500 bucks for surgery,car repair or rent. Would we be helping him? That game is SUPER rare not common. Hence, some gamers with money (not C.C's in every situation) are willing to drop down that paper to not waste time or energy hunting down a copy.
        I just wish our forum wouldn't be quick to judge someone trying to make a buck. Whats wrong with someone trying to expand their chances of selling a title and earn the most income for any game. Supply and demand people

nectarsis

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 07:46:42 AM »
I hate that veteran members run off potential new members just on the fact that they try to sell their games. We could use new blood on these forums. Its always the same elitist attitude that shoos people away. Are we not collectors? Are we not gamers? if you had 500 to blow wouldn't you jump at the chance to buy that game or any other desirable product? Lets not throw stones NO ONE here is perfect. We all have flaws and needs. Than man could genuinely need 500 bucks for surgery,car repair or rent. Would we be helping him? That game is SUPER rare not common. Hence, some gamers with money (not C.C's in every situation) are willing to drop down that paper to not waste time or energy hunting down a copy.
        I just wish our forum wouldn't be quick to judge someone trying to make a buck. Whats wrong with someone trying to expand their chances of selling a title and earn the most income for any game. Supply and demand people

If most of these people would post BEYOND their for sale threads it would be different.

"if you had 500 to blow wouldn't you jump at the chance to buy that game or any other desirable product? "

Not even close.  ANd btw this game is not SUPER RARE.  As stated above it's no more rare than it was 2 years or so ago when it went for half or less than $500. ;)

"I just wish our forum wouldn't be quick to judge someone trying to make a buck. Whats wrong with someone trying to expand their chances of selling a title and earn the most income for any game. Supply and demand people."

As also stated above it's just as much the flawed "logic" people use to justify their prices.  If that's the going rate/cheap then it would be sold fast right?   If you want Ebay $ go to Ebay. Why would anyone here give you the same $ when the seller gets no Ebay fees taken,less buyer protection, etc? 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 07:48:38 AM by nectarsis »
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>