Author Topic: FS: The Dynastic Hero (COMPLETE MINT CONDITION) for Turbo Duo *USA Release*  (Read 1795 times)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: FS: The Dynastic Hero (COMPLETE MINT CONDITION) for Turbo Duo *USA Release*
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 07:55:43 AM »
We've been dicked over too many times, and our system seems to be the one everyone tries to cash in on.

We call it like we see it.  The newcomers will either recognize the suggestions as valid and take heed.

or they will cry, QQ, and go to digitpress where all the people who couldn't cope ran away to, and say "PCEFX IS MEAN THEY HURT MY FEELINGS"

and shit.

were not driving anyone away.  We're breaking them in.  I think it's more fair that we show em how we do immediately, instead of 6 months later when they go OMG WTF and crap.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 08:08:26 AM »
if you had 500 to blow wouldn't you jump at the chance to buy that game or any other desirable product?

Get it through your thick skull: this game is not worth $500.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 08:15:26 AM »
Yeah I have 500$ to blow.  I bought something worth 500$ instead of a game going for 350$ too many

SignOfZeta

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 11:12:47 AM »
I hate that veteran members run off potential new members just on the fact that they try to sell their games.

You make it sound like a bad thing. I legitimately would like to see more new people around here, but if all they want to do is rip us off...we don't need those people. If this was a post about how to clear the 3rd stage of Blazing Lazers or repair a laser we wouldn't be in this situation. We need new blood, we don't need another dumping thread.

We could use new blood on these forums. Its always the same elitist attitude that shoos people away. Are we not collectors? Are we not gamers? if you had 500 to blow wouldn't you jump at the chance to buy that game or any other desirable product?

I have $500 to spend...but I'm not going to buy something that's worth less than $200 with it. That's why I have $500. I don't just write blank checks for everything that catches my eye. Only morons do that.

Lets not throw stones NO ONE here is perfect. We all have flaws and needs.

Oh f*ck, not this again. You forgot to mention our high horses, our holier than though attitudes, and all those other cliches people who can't articulate their thoughts very well use when they are criticized. We don' think he's a jerk because we think we're perfect. We think he's a jerk because he's trying to rip us off, and he won't just go away now that its obvious he isn't going to get is insane sum. The guy INSISTS that his game be purchased only for a record high price, nothing less, just because he is broke. Because HE needs money, the entire economy of TG-16 is supposed to change to match his needs. How is this less elitist?

Than man could genuinely need 500 bucks for surgery,car repair or rent. Would we be helping him?

He never presented it as a charity case. He simply said "This is what its worth, I know for a fact, I won't take even %10 less." and the numbers he's talking about are, when adjusted for eBay fees, possibly higher than anyone has ever paid for this game.

I just wish our forum wouldn't be quick to judge someone trying to make a buck. Whats wrong with someone trying to expand their chances of selling a title and earn the most income for any game. Supply and demand people

If you are actually asking us what is wrong with unchecked greed, and why anyone would oppose it, I will refer to the one million or so books that have been written on the subject. As for supply and demand...note that this game is still in his possession after a month of it being for sale. This is because he set a price that is way to high. To really see supply and demand at work, just stick the game on eBay with a $0.01 starting bid, no reserve, and $6 shipping. Pure supply and demand at work. I doubt it would break $400, even on eBay, let alone $500.

exile

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 02:32:51 PM »
Hey Zeta

I totally believe you are within reason for getting annoyed at someone "pimping their wares" and bailing without posting. This particular individual did post a few (albeit minimal) comments in the discussion thread. He didn't strike me as a "One and done poster" He didn't post harshly to the replies he received. He seemed like he could have been a great addition to our ranks IMO. He may not have divulged why he needed the money, but he insisted that was his price to part with it. I don't think he needed a reason.
      I think it is incredibly subjective what a collector is willing to pay for something he wants. While we both have the means to purchase items of high value, I'm not so critical paying more for a particular collectible if it means I will attain it with no hassle. Certainly don't think that makes me a moron, simply saves me time hunting down a copy or negotiating  an unreasonable trade. I know it irks some, but to each his own.
       Some games are priced too ludicrously though. Magical Chase complete most certainly IS NOT worth $1500.00.  What I'm trying to say, I wouldn't insult someone if they offered to sell me one for that price, I would simply decline.
   Perhaps I used "Elitist" poorly. I have been on this site for less than a year and have seen numerous debates on how much should a game be sold or some angered because a price was too high. Why comment? if the seller gets no replies, doesn't that send the perfect message?
    I agree that he should sell on Ebay to get the most for his investment. I just hate reading posts that have a condescending attitude. Give people a chance to show their true colors that's all.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 02:36:24 PM by exile »

MotherGunner

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 02:56:25 PM »
Exile, you're wrong, his number 1 post was the sale.   Please check your facts.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

exile

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2010, 02:59:59 PM »
thanks gunner I'll retract the comment about his minimal posting. but stand by the rest. He still seemed like a good dude despite his lack of business savvy  #-o

ShinobiMan

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2010, 03:08:59 PM »
Hey Zeta

I totally believe you are within reason for getting annoyed at someone "pimping their wares" and bailing without posting. This particular individual did post a few (albeit minimal) comments in the discussion thread. He didn't strike me as a "One and done poster" He didn't post harshly to the replies he received. He seemed like he could have been a great addition to our ranks IMO. He may not have divulged why he needed the money, but he insisted that was his price to part with it. I don't think he needed a reason.
      I think it is incredibly subjective what a collector is willing to pay for something he wants. While we both have the means to purchase items of high value, I'm not so critical paying more for a particular collectible if it means I will attain it with no hassle. Certainly don't think that makes me a moron, simply saves me time hunting down a copy or negotiating  an unreasonable trade. I know it irks some, but to each his own.
       Some games are priced too ludicrously though. Magical Chase complete most certainly IS NOT worth $1500.00.  What I'm trying to say, I wouldn't insult someone if they offered to sell me one for that price, I would simply decline.
   Perhaps I used "Elitist" poorly. I have been on this site for less than a year and have seen numerous debates on how much should a game be sold or some angered because a price was too high. Why comment? if the seller gets no replies, doesn't that send the perfect message?
    I agree that he should sell on Ebay to get the most for his investment. I just hate reading posts that have a condescending attitude. Give people a chance to show their true colors that's all.

Hey thanks for backing me up exile, and anyone else who did also.

Listen, I don't want to cause anymore fuss. Zeta, you've obviously got it out for me, but I'll stick around. I'd like to be apart of some Turbo Grafx discussion (hence my Tricky Kick post in the other forum).

FYI, a prominent member of these boards private messaged me and basically told me not to bother with the negative vibes, that my Dynastic Hero will easily sell for $400 or $450 on ebay. He wished me luck too. Thanks for that.

nectarsis

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2010, 03:11:02 PM »
Yet $400-450 (with fees deducted, etc). is also a far cry from $500 free and clear ;)

P.S> The whole "prominent" member (and other) PM's are kinda weak IMO.  If people can't put their opinion out there, and just whisper in the shadows is just weaksauce.  :lol:
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

ShinobiMan

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2010, 03:13:10 PM »
This is true :cry: I suppose I would be pushing my luck with $500. Oh well.

You got to understand, I'm trying not to get ripped off either... and I'm slowly getting educated about this games worth. And when I get conflicting reports, some saying $500 is price gouging, some saying it's a fair price, I have a hard time deciding what I should sell it for.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 03:15:26 PM by ShinobiMan »

geddon_jt

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2010, 03:28:50 PM »
A lot of people selling expensive goods on here have been subjected to criticism, right or wrong... myself included. I still enjoy this site nevertheless.

I bought my Dynastic Hero for $350 about 7 years ago now. At that time, that was a *crazy* price. I guess some people might want to call me an idiot or a moron, but I have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of it (I played through it the week I bought it and have popped it in many times since) and I could probably sell it and make some money if I really had to. Does that make me stupid?

Anyway, good luck with the sale. The moral of the story is nobody should get too worked up over this (even though $500 may have been a bit on the high side :) ).

MotherGunner

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2010, 03:35:23 PM »
thanks gunner I'll retract the comment about his minimal posting. but stand by the rest. He still seemed like a good dude despite his lack of business savvy  #-o

Agreed! That's why I personally have not said anything disrespectful to him although I am just as frustrated as some of the others and agree that there should be a minimal post count to sell.  I am researching how and will make a formal pitch to Aaron when I gather my facts.  Part of me having a gripe is also backing it up with a possible solution.

SM, glad to hear you are sticking around.   Sorry you had to get the bad brunt but you have to understand the frustration others here have.  These guys are good peoples, they are just tired and I don't blame them.   I do see you are taking it like a man and that is refreshing.  Unlike the last guy who lashed out and never came back. (validating our frustration)  Keep participating in the forums and you'll see that most people will come around.   And for heaven's sake take your sale to Ebay!  =)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

SignOfZeta

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2010, 03:40:36 PM »
FYI, a prominent member of these boards private messaged me and basically told me not to bother with the negative vibes, that my Dynastic Hero will easily sell for $400 or $450 on ebay. He wished me luck too. Thanks for that.

I have an idea who this was, one of maybe two or three people here who are turned on by the whole notion of being involved in a high dollar scene more than by the games themselves, and chances are he's probably someone who has made money from helping the prices skyrocket, or some day plans. too. In other words, it is not the voice of the sane or the reputable, its the voice of someone much more sleazy than you. Its one thing to try and cash in on some craziness, but its another to have cultivated the craziness to begin with.

And obviously he's a pussy.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2010, 03:42:43 PM »

How do you know hes a prominent member if you've barely been here?

also, if he was a prominent member, he'd have just spoken his mind right here.  I have my ideas of who it is, but unless you want to spill the beans, lets just leave it at that.

TheClash603

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2010, 04:56:54 PM »
I like this forum because it has more freedom than most any other I have ever posted on, and censorship is at a minimum...

I like to think of Zeta as a Qur'an burner.  I do not agree with his actions, but I agree that he has a right to do what he wants.  Furthermore, although I disagree with a burnt Qur'an, it sure does give something exciting to talk about!

With that said, this game will get $400+ on ebay.  $500 may be a reach, but it isn't out of the question.