Author Topic: WTB-Dungeon Explorer II (gasp!) Found  (Read 593 times)

Mathius

WTB-Dungeon Explorer II (gasp!) Found
« on: October 11, 2010, 05:58:05 PM »
The time has come to finally get this masterpiece of a sequel. I have some funds coming in at the end of the week, and I want to use it to obtain this legendary game. The condition needs to be: complete with case, manual, and back insert all in good to mint condition. Please PM with offers.

I am going to give the forums here a chance before I go to eBay. But, only until the end of the week. I will follow the F@ck eBay Club rules as best I can. :wink: Thank you my friends. :) Wish me luck! :pray:

Edit: Just to clarify this is for the US version.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 08:29:32 AM by Mathius »
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

BlueBMW

Re: WTB-Dungeon Explorer II (gasp!)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 12:07:42 AM »
There is a Duo system lot up on evil bay right now that has DE II in it.  It might go bonkers but then again maybe not!  Sometimes big lots go for less overall.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 05:35:56 AM »
There is a Duo system lot up on evil bay right now that has DE II in it.  It might go bonkers but then again maybe not!  Sometimes big lots go for less overall.

How much?

chany60126

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 05:40:50 AM »
Right now it's up $122 with one day to go. It comes with 16 other games. I can post the auction link if you still can't find it.
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

Mathius

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 05:52:36 AM »
That is the crappiest Turbo Duo I have ever seen! :shock: And I question the condition of the copy of DEII. :-k I'd rather pay the last offer I had than buy that unkempt heap.

BlueBMW

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 06:14:15 AM »
It just means that duo needs a good home that will love and care for it!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 07:37:42 AM »
It just means that duo needs a good home that will love and care for it!

I baby my consoles as much as the next guy here, but that Duo has been severely mistreated. Also of note is the Turbografx controller included that isn't going to work on the console. Makes me wonder if this seller has tested any of it.

chany60126

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 07:50:27 AM »
Well, there's people here that would probably be willing to fix the Duo for ya in case there's anything wrong with it, or just buy it off of you. There's other great games in the bundle like Turrican, GOT and Ys III. I'd try to bid on it if I were you, but not too much. Sounds like you already have the ability to play Super CDs anyway, so you could use that as trade bait to get other turbob games you want. As far as the T-16 controller in the pic, it is connected to one of those adapters that allow you to use T-16 controllers on a Duo.
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

nectarsis

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 07:56:07 AM »
Well, there's people here that would probably be willing to fix the Duo for ya in case there's anything wrong with it, or just buy it off of you. There's other great games in the bundle like Turrican, GOT and Ys III. I'd try to bid on it if I were you, but not too much. Sounds like you already have the ability to play Super CDs anyway, so you could use that as trade bait to get other turbob games you want. As far as the T-16 controller in the pic, it is connected to one of those adapters that allow you to use T-16 controllers on a Duo.

Turrican...great game :-s [-( [-( :P
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Mathius

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 07:58:04 AM »

Ah, I didn't know adapters like that existed.  #-o

I already have the majority of those games already, and I am running out of room as it is. But, on the other hand that Duo might clean up nicely. I wish the seller would take the 20 minutes of so it would take to give it a shine before he took those pics.

RoyVegas

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 08:22:37 AM »
Ah, I didn't know adapters like that existed.  #-o

They do.

All is well. :)

hoobs88

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 08:49:50 AM »
Also of note is the Turbografx controller included that isn't going to work on the console. Makes me wonder if this seller has tested any of it.

Turbo Zone offered replacement cables that could easily be interchanged with Turbo pads to turn them into Duo pads. That might be the case here or the controller adapter (Turbo to Duo) is included.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Mathius

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 10:14:30 AM »
Wow, you learn something new every day. :) Thanks for the info guys.

chany60126

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 12:02:31 PM »
Also of note is the Turbografx controller included that isn't going to work on the console. Makes me wonder if this seller has tested any of it.

Turbo Zone offered replacement cables that could easily be interchanged with Turbo pads to turn them into Duo pads. That might be the case here or the controller adapter (Turbo to Duo) is included.

Do you guys know if the opposite is true. Are there any adapters that allow you to use Turbo Duo / PC Engine controllers on a T-16?

bartre

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 03:43:39 PM »
I don't know if there were any official ones, but it wouldn't be hard to make one.
just get an 8-pin mini DIN socket and an 8-pin DIN jack, and do a straight through connection.
I'd double check that though, compare the pinouts, and change as necessary.
but that's the idea.