Author Topic: Legend of Xanadu savegame HEELLPPPP!!!!  (Read 301 times)

pixeljunkie

Legend of Xanadu savegame HEELLPPPP!!!!
« on: November 27, 2010, 06:01:07 PM »
So, I play Xanadu the other night for like 3+ hours....saving often. I die and get frustrated and quickly switch the console off. I go grab a beer and come back to give it another go. Ummm, no savegame to load?! WHAT?!!

So, I swap out to my other Duo-R and do a quick test. Same thing. I go down in the menu and click "SAVE" and hear a little chime....I can even say "LOAD" and the game zaps to where I was. But if I turn off the console there is no save file in the memory. Am I doing something wrong? My system memory is fine, not full. I've tested on multiple consoles and the same thing happens. I even threw in Xanadu 2 and quickly saved my game and it worked.

Is it something to do with the Blue/Green/Red memory when I start a game???

Please, someone school me on how the hell I am supposed to save my game here.

nat

Re: Legend of Xanadu savegame HEELLPPPP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 06:50:31 PM »
Are you sure you're choosing the right menu option from the main menu? It almost sounds like every time you start the game, you're choosing "New Game" from the main menu effectively erasing your save file in favor of the "new game." Make sure you're choosing the "Continue Game" option from the main screen. IIRC there are 3 menu options, but I can't remember offhand which is which.

The Blue/Green/Red memory is just the game's way of identifying the three available save slots.

blueraven

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 07:32:42 PM »
The Blue/Green/Red memory is just the game's way of identifying the three available save slots.

Exactly.

The only thing I can think of is maybe your not hitting "yes" on the save option?
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

shubibiman

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 10:04:06 PM »
I had the same issue last time I played that game and still, it was not the first time I played it and had no such issue before.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

pixeljunkie

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 03:05:59 AM »
Are you sure you're choosing the right menu option from the main menu? It almost sounds like every time you start the game, you're choosing "New Game" from the main menu effectively erasing your save file in favor of the "new game." Make sure you're choosing the "Continue Game" option from the main screen. IIRC there are 3 menu options, but I can't remember offhand which is which.

this sounds most likely. Anyone know what the 3 options are? I would assume the second one is "load"....I'll experiment.

Thanks! I'll be sure to post my results.

shubibiman

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 04:04:03 AM »
The first one is : start the game from the prologue (ie : intro cutscene)
The second one is : start with no prologue
The third one is : start from save

pixeljunkie

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 02:54:24 AM »
The first one is : start the game from the prologue (ie : intro cutscene)
The second one is : start with no prologue
The third one is : start from save

wonderful!

thanks!!!

shubibiman

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 05:58:58 AM »
My pleasure ;)

By the way, I think that the saving issue comes from the fact that maybe the game doesn't warn you when there's not room enough in the back up RAM because I started a new game yesterday and I had no problem saving. It would be the only flaw to this wonderful game if it was to be confirmed.

pixeljunkie

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 02:34:01 AM »
hmmm, slight update.

A savegame is created when I save [shortly after the game starts and I talk to the guy, take nap and head north] however, when I load it [third option, same color memory I started on] it always boots me right back at the beginning. I like to think I am not retarded...however, this is making me feel that way.

blueraven

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 05:59:19 AM »
At the superCDROM2 menu go into your backup ram and see if everything is full. Delete something or use a tennokoe if your into backing up your data. I just clear out my memory before I play through Xanadu, and don't really care about save data (screenshots :wink:)
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol