Author Topic: Turbo Stick on PCE ?  (Read 461 times)

Official Ninja

Turbo Stick on PCE ?
« on: November 30, 2010, 03:22:39 AM »
Sorry if its a total noob question, but, is there a way to use the Turbo Stick with the PCE Duo-R?
I always prefered the stick for shooters like Spriggan and Cyber Core.
I have a PCE Duo-r on the way and I think it uses the smaller DIN plug for the controllers.

Thanks!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Turbo Stick on PCE ?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 03:28:59 AM »
You can use TG-16 controllers on a PCE/TurboDuo with an adapter (part no. HES-DIN-01), make your own similar adapter, or you can swap out the cable from a PCE controller (preferably a dead one).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Official Ninja

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 03:55:49 AM »
You can use TG-16 controllers on a PCE/TurboDuo with an adapter (part no. HES-DIN-01), make your own similar adapter, or you can swap out the cable from a PCE controller (preferably a dead one).

Thanks! So, swapping the cable, would it just plug in on the controller PCB? or does it need to be rewired at all?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 04:07:05 AM »
Thanks! So, swapping the cable, would it just plug in on the controller PCB? or does it need to be rewired at all?

It's plug and play with normal controllers (except for very early models, which were a bit different), and although I've never looked inside a TurboStick, I assume it's similar.

Official Ninja

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 04:16:23 AM »

It's plug and play with normal controllers (except for very early models, which were a bit different), and although I've never looked inside a TurboStick, I assume it's similar.

Thanks very much. I looked around the internet real quick and it seems the HES-DIN-01 is non existent. So if my Duo-r comes with some "extra controllers" like the post said I might have to use the wire from one for my Turbo Stick. :)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 04:36:55 AM »
Yeah, the official adapter doesn't show up often and is usually rather pricey when it does (clicky).

nat

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 02:05:44 PM »
Alternatively, you could pick up a Japanese TurboStick which is basically identical to the US TurboStick except for turbo slider placement, color, connector size and it's bottom-weighted! For some reason they removed the bottom weight from the US version.

Official Ninja

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 02:57:32 PM »
Thanks NAT! That stick looks cool, and I'd love to pick one up if the price is right.
I still want to get my turbo stick working with the PCE. Thats what I've always played with and I love the damn thing. :)

nat

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 03:57:49 PM »
I bought mine a number of years ago for $20. It was not factory sealed, but it had never been used and it came fresh in the box. $50 for a new/sealed one seems about right, maybe slightly high, but there's no reason you shoudn't be able to find a used one cheap.

That aside, the reason I mentioned one of these is because the button/stick layout is identical to the US TurboStick not to mention they are electrically identical inside as well. They are also the roughly the same dimensions.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 04:00:28 PM by nat »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 01:23:12 AM »
It's $3 less ($6.23 less with shipping) directly from their website.  F@CK EBAY!