Author Topic: what's the model number of NEC computer cd-rom?  (Read 242 times)

GameFreak

what's the model number of NEC computer cd-rom?
« on: December 02, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »
What is the model number of the NEC computer (non-gaming) cd-rom unit that looks 99% identical to the PCE/TG16 cd-rom unit? It's white. I thought it was listed in the repair sticky but I cant find it. I was thinking of getting one to replace the cd buttons and case from my ugly one. I searched the forums here but I couldn't find the model number anywhere. I knew a guy that had a few of them about 6 months ago but without the model number I can't find him or a spare anywhere.  :-s

blueraven

Re: what's the model number of NEC computer cd-rom?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 08:53:01 PM »
CDR-30.

The CDR-30A has two grounds on the bottom, and ports to attach to the IFU on the back.

I received a CDR-30 4 months ago. It was modified to work in an IFU.

They look nearly identical.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

GameFreak

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 10:19:50 PM »
CDR-30.

The CDR-30A has two grounds on the bottom, and ports to attach to the IFU on the back.

I received a CDR-30 4 months ago. It was modified to work in an IFU.

They look nearly identical.

Does it look exactly the same? Top loading discs and has all the same buttons in the same place?
I can't find pics of a cdr-30a or what I thought it was a cdr-50 or cdr-60 but I cant find any pics of that either.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 02:22:55 AM »
CDR-30.

I thought the CDR-30 and CDR-30A were identical - the former being the stand alone PCE CD unit and the latter being the one bundled with the IFU (similarly sold as the IFU-30 and IFU-30A).

For computers, there's the PC-8801-30 (essentially identical to the PCE unit) that was sold for use with PC-88 computers, and there's the CDR-35 which has a different shaped door and some slightly different internals (different enough that they can't be used for OBEY).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

GameFreak

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 05:31:29 AM »
I think what I was thinking of was the cdr-35 (computer cd-rom). I was thinking of using the housing and the buttons to replace since mine are really scratched. and maybe if I was lucky I could grab a gear out of it as a spare. The only difference from appearance seems to be to top door.

But what is a cdr-30? Is it a computer cd-rom or is that the actual PCE model number. Got any pics?

blueraven

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 06:19:12 AM »
The CDR-30 is identical physically to a CDR-30A except for the lack of two grounds on the bottom, the ground plate inside the CDROM2, and the lack of holes to connect to the back of the IFU, it just has a power supply, mine was dremelled out.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol