Author Topic: How Much $ For an RGB Mod ?  (Read 341 times)

ScumBum

How Much $ For an RGB Mod ?
« on: February 04, 2011, 01:39:25 PM »
How much does an RGB mod run ? Is the RGB mod reliable , or can the system be damaged ?

madmansmith

Re: How Much $ For an RGB Mod ?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 12:27:50 PM »
How much does an RGB mod run ? Is the RGB mod reliable , or can the system be damaged ?

If you do it yourself, the mod would be pretty cheap. The components to complete one would be just a few dollars.
As far as reliabilty, it really depends on the construction, but for the most part, even a simple one would be quite reliable.
Damage to the system would only occur during the mod, if proper care was not taken. On my US TG16, theres some much room to work with, I can't see how I could mess it up. (Done the region mod, and that is far more involved.)

BlueBMW

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 12:31:59 PM »
Forgive my ignorance on this.... after you have tapped the RGB signals and amped them and connected them to some sort of a DIN8 connector or something.... what do you DO with that RGB signal then? 
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

GohanX

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 01:04:47 AM »
Blue: In the US, the best option is to make or buy a European SCART cable, then run it through a RGB->Component transcoder since our TVs don't have RGB. Then you have the Duo in glorious component!

BlueBMW

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 09:15:03 AM »
Blue: In the US, the best option is to make or buy a European SCART cable, then run it through a RGB->Component transcoder since our TVs don't have RGB. Then you have the Duo in glorious component!

Thats kind of what I thought... Ive seen those "RGB to Component" converters, although they're quite pricey.  If I could find a schematic I wouldnt mind making one myself if I could.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

madmansmith

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 07:08:03 AM »
I have an old Commodore 1084S, which is why I will attempt the RGB mod. This monitor accepts RGB.
So to get that all to work, its cheap.

Not sure how much to build an RGB -> Component would cost.

BlueBMW

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 12:41:35 PM »
I have an old Commodore 1084S, which is why I will attempt the RGB mod. This monitor accepts RGB.
So to get that all to work, its cheap.

Not sure how much to build an RGB -> Component would cost.

I've been looking for a schematic to build an RGB to Component converter board, no luck so far.  Too expensive to buy IMO :P

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 02:41:07 AM »

\o/

I should RGB mod those things.

Too bad the MSX won't sync to that specific 1084S.  the -D1 and -P1's don't sync.  dicks.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 07:58:41 AM by Arkhan »
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Duo_R

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 03:55:26 AM »
The time it would take to build a RGB to Component box (that works) far exceeds the value of buying one professionally made for $48. Also if you have problems you wont know if it is the converter circuit or the amp, et. Just get the box.
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq