Author Topic: PCEGT replace with 3.5inch TFT LCD  (Read 6541 times)

thesteve

Re: PCEGT replace with 3.5inch TFT LCD
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2012, 06:44:41 PM »
true the board is different, but its wired the same.
they just combined the logic chips into an ASIC or PLD

Duo_R

« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2012, 09:24:51 PM »
so in theory this thing could take a turbo / duo tap? Wow that would be insane.
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

HercTNT

« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2012, 05:22:38 PM »
Its my understanding its not a theory. As long as he could source the  connector its doable. I'm learning from talking to steve that there is no such thing as cant be done. It wont be long before he's

telling me my gt can be fitted with a wet bar and ice maker. When that day comes I'm gonna erect a statue in his honor.........err......well......not quite like that  :wink:

MotherGunner

« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2012, 04:31:40 PM »
So... how about?  Jk!!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

HercTNT

« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2012, 08:00:15 PM »
 :evil: ..............................  [-X

esteban

« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2012, 04:07:18 PM »

WAIT A SECOND!

Why is this development not generating more discussion? I don't know if I actually "need" to have AV out on my Express, but I'm beginning to want it!

I must say, I was happily surprised to see this development!

|    | 

roflmao

« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2012, 05:01:51 PM »
Yeah, I think I mentioned this on sunteam's forums, but this is AWESOME!  When I have a little extra dough stored up, my Express is going back to thesteve for the screen mod and the av out mod.  It's really amazing.  :shock: (he recently added a switchless region mod to my Express which is working fantastically)

liquitek

« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2012, 05:20:42 PM »
I am very interested in having this done to my TE when things are ready.  All of it. 
The bigger screen, AV out, controller port, wet bar and ice machine.

Thank you for making as much of this happen as you have already and for whatever other brilliant ideas you might integrate.  I'll just leave the cheque blank shall I?
Also thanks for waiting until I was old enough and responsible enough not to waste my whole paycheck on booze and cigs.

On my son's birthday, when my wife asks why the pinata was filled with coupons for $7 off oil changes instead of candy, you'll all know why.  :lol:

HercTNT

« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2012, 06:46:49 PM »
LOL, do we all get to collectively sue steve when he ruins our productivity in society  :mrgreen:

esteban

« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2012, 09:15:49 AM »
HOLY CRAP. Why are people not praising the pure awesomeness of all of steve's mods?

I am very interested in having this done to my TE when things are ready.  All of it. 
The bigger screen, AV out, controller port, wet bar and ice machine.

I was thinking the same thing. I have to wait to save up the $$$. But I want it. NOW.
  |    | 

Flare65

« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2012, 05:40:43 AM »
Just my express back from him.  He completed the large screen install and fixed the sound.  I have not had a chance to play with it much or test the battery life of it yet, but it turned out great!  Once I get my second express up and going, I'll post some pics of the size comparison between the two.  He also installed the auto-region mod in it so now when I want to play japanese games, I just hold down select while powering on the system.

Very cool mods and I can't wait to play it more!  He did a great job!

io

« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2012, 12:51:21 AM »
clue's for now....lol
I had to lift 5 pins and ground them. (you might be able to see them in the pic)
PS: thats an NPN transistor and 75ohm resistor under the grey

Truly awesome ! How did you come up with that ? Do you have a datasheet of the Hu/Huc6260 ?

[EDIT] Ohhh... maybe by comparison with an other NEC console for the resistors values and the pins to ground : http://www.gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=hu6260_netlist
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 02:50:02 AM by io »

esteban

« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2012, 05:17:24 AM »
Just my express back from him.  He completed the large screen install and fixed the sound.  I have not had a chance to play with it much or test the battery life of it yet, but it turned out great!  Once I get my second express up and going, I'll post some pics of the size comparison between the two.  He also installed the auto-region mod in it so now when I want to play japanese games, I just hold down select while powering on the system.

Very cool mods and I can't wait to play it more!  He did a great job!

Great. Be sure to tell us how lame our stock Expresses are, now that you have pure awesomeness. I am sooooooooooooooo envious. 
  |    | 

thesteve

« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2012, 06:10:34 AM »
clue's for now....lol
I had to lift 5 pins and ground them. (you might be able to see them in the pic)
PS: thats an NPN transistor and 75ohm resistor under the grey

Truly awesome ! How did you come up with that ? Do you have a datasheet of the Hu/Huc6260 ?

[EDIT] Ohhh... maybe by comparison with an other NEC console for the resistors values and the pins to ground : http://www.gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=hu6260_netlist

i actually did a side by side comparison with a TG16 and express, using an ohm meter

mrjingles75

« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2012, 01:14:46 AM »
I have an LT in good condition that is begging for a screen upgrade like this. Do you know if replacing the standard 4" LT screen would be a similar process?