Author Topic: Jungle Bros: lord_cack's pet project! :)  (Read 7398 times)

ParanoiaDragon

Re: Jungle Bros: lord_cack's pet project! :)
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2012, 02:33:52 PM »
Ah, I thought I saw a Decepticon, my bad!

Senshi

« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2012, 02:49:34 PM »
Any whip upgrades?
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

lord_cack

« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2012, 03:15:22 PM »
Any whip upgrades?

Indeed, plus a sub weapon
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

Mathius

« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2012, 03:24:58 PM »
Didn't mean to come off as over-critical. Really love it! I can't stop raving about that parallax! :)
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

TheClash603

« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2012, 04:22:03 PM »
Just noticed this video today, and the game looks like it is coming along great!

I notice in the demo there is a lot of staying in one spot in order to kill the enemies, because they take multiple hits.  Will there be an incentive to go for the kill in the final product (other than score)?  I am just thinking, I'd run right past those enemies if I were playing.

nodtveidt

« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2012, 05:44:47 PM »
Two things...

- More powerful weapons can take out enemies in fewer hits.
- Aside from score, many enemies also drop items... and since this is a "treasure hunting" game, you'll wanna collect as much stuff as possible. :)

lord_cack

« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2012, 09:59:54 PM »
....I notice in the demo there is a lot of staying in one spot in order to kill the enemies, because they take multiple hits.  Will there be an incentive to go for the kill in the final product (other than score)?  I am just thinking, I'd run right past those enemies if I were playing.

....- Aside from score, many enemies also drop items... and since this is a "treasure hunting" game, you'll wanna collect as much stuff as possible. :)

There will be loads of things to collect over the course of the levels so I am hoping part of the fun will be finding all the different things strewn throughout.

Also

Item Collection = Unlockables
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:12:03 PM by lord_cack »

lord_cack

« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2012, 10:05:36 PM »
Just noticed this video today, and the game looks like it is coming along great!

I notice in the demo there is a lot of staying in one spot in order to kill the enemies, because they take multiple hits.  Will there be an incentive to go for the kill in the final product (other than score)?  I am just thinking, I'd run right past those enemies if I were playing.

Also, is this how alot of you play games? I mean, if I were to just run past enemies why would I even play? Its like playing a shooter without shooting.... its takes the "Play" out of Playing games....

I mean don't get me wrong, I have played Super Mario Bros. a million times so yeah, sometimes I just run past things. But, this is really a differnt style game.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2012, 02:27:31 AM »

Sweet!  Does any Turbob title do something like this?  The closest I can think of is Bazaru and Ane-San where you buy stuff for your room, but that's quite different (indirectly 'earning' useless stuff).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Black Tiger

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2012, 04:51:36 AM »

Sweet!  Does any Turbob title do something like this?  The closest I can think of is Bazaru and Ane-San where you buy stuff for your room, but that's quite different (indirectly 'earning' useless stuff).

Mysterious Song has a huge amount of unlockables earned from experiencing all aspects of the game, including item collection.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

nodtveidt

« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2012, 01:55:37 AM »
Splash Lake has item collection as well, but they don't seem to do anything aside from being collected.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2012, 02:10:40 AM »
Splash Lake has item collection as well, but they don't seem to do anything aside from being collected.

Don't ya have to collect 'em all to unlock the second set of 60 stages, and collect 'em all again to unlock the third set of 60 stages?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nodtveidt

« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2012, 03:17:37 AM »
Don't ya have to collect 'em all to unlock the second set of 60 stages, and collect 'em all again to unlock the third set of 60 stages?
That's probably it.

Black Tiger

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2012, 04:08:30 AM »

Sounds like the doll collection of Wonderboy SMS to open up the final stage.

JJ & Jeff and and Blue Blink are platformers that require you to unlock the final areas of zones. It would be cool if you had to collect a minimal number of artifacts before completeing a stage in Jungle Bros. Just enough to give you incentive to kill enemies, not so many that it would feel tedious.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

nodtveidt

« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2012, 05:18:27 AM »
New demo video:

Shows off the beginning of the treasure stuff and JB's ability to crawl through tight spaces.