Author Topic: Jungle Bros: lord_cack's pet project! :)  (Read 7395 times)

shubibiman

Re: Jungle Bros: lord_cack's pet project! :)
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2012, 07:42:37 AM »
Haven't followed that thread for a while but OMFG I really like the improvements. The way the main character moves, the parallaxe, everything looks very nice so far. Keep it up dude :)
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2012, 10:25:43 AM »
Just redid the cave tune(the tune that in previous videos was being used for the overwold)...it came out REALY nice!  It sounds more cavey now, & it's quite funkaaaay.  Depending on time, I may eventually tweak the overworld tune as well, but I think it's great as is.  I do have some ideas for it, but I have somewhere around 12 more songs to make for this baby, so I don't want to hold up the game making process.  I may have time before MGC to make an early version of an official title screne tune.  But I have one track that I was in the middle of that I put on hold to tweak the cave tune I spoke about about.  So I plan on trying to finish that up, & then conjure up my idea for the Title screen.  For now, Sanford & Son is as close as we can get to my idea for how I want to handle the title screen.

nodtveidt

« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2012, 10:31:49 AM »
Haven't followed that thread for a while but OMFG I really like the improvements. The way the main character moves, the parallaxe, everything looks very nice so far. Keep it up dude :)
You ain't seen nuthin yet... just wait till the next demo video. :)

touko

« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2012, 07:23:20 PM »
You ain't seen nuthin yet... just wait till the next demo video. :)

:-({|=

:mrgreen:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:35:58 PM by touko »

nodtveidt

« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2012, 10:12:12 PM »
Quick lil update... we've been working hard on getting this sucka up to snuff and ready for public display. At this point, it is a fully functional game. There's obviously more stuff to add, but it is now completely playable. Keranu finished the "vine climb" animation and I implemented it into the game engine, complete with a proper X-correction algorithm. That was the last required detail. Now that it's fully functional, we can concentrate on bug-hunting and tweaks, and perhaps give it a bit o' polish before the show.

Mishran

« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2012, 12:25:26 AM »
With MSR out of the way, you guys are busting nuts on this game. That's great, but you guys also have lives outside of the PCE. Make sure you take time off and enjoy other aspects of life. Wine and dine your women, go fishing, go out for a beer with your buds. Won't kill us to wait a little long for the release. Get JB ready for public display, then take a break. Doctor's orders. :wink:

sunteam_paul

« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2012, 03:32:55 AM »
With MSR out of the way, you guys are busting nuts on this game. That's great, but you guys also have lives outside of the PCE. Make sure you take time off and enjoy other aspects of life. Wine and dine your women, go fishing, go out for a beer with your buds. Won't kill us to wait a little long for the release. Get JB ready for public display, then take a break. Doctor's orders. :wink:

Hush. We need more OBEY now.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

lord_cack

« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2012, 04:22:16 AM »

We bust nuts now so that when you see the game you will too (and you will)   :mrgreen:
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

Bernie

« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2012, 05:18:11 AM »
This has most likely been asked/answered before, but am I correct to assume this is going to be an official pressed release? 

lord_cack

« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2012, 06:02:24 AM »
This has most likely been asked/answered before, but am I correct to assume this is going to be an official pressed release? 

Yes it will be.

nodtveidt

« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2012, 10:55:15 AM »

Tatsujin

« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2012, 01:30:57 PM »
Lol, how do you do "speed boost!"? Code optimization?
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

nodtveidt

« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2012, 01:49:34 PM »
Ja... I reused some of Arkhan's assembly code from Insanity to give enemy handling a major shot in the arm speed-wise.

spenoza

« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2012, 02:51:29 PM »
Will this be another CD-only release, or may there be an AbCard version somewhere down the line?
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

lord_cack

« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2012, 03:35:50 PM »
Ja... I reused some of Arkhan's assembly code from Insanity to give enemy handling a major shot in the arm speed-wise.

Yeah and one of those enemies.... well lets just say is a BITCH.... I designed it and It still kicks my ass and its not even a boss.... hell its not much of anything :P