Author Topic: Jungle Bros: lord_cack's pet project! :)  (Read 7373 times)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: Jungle Bros: lord_cack's pet project! :)
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2013, 03:54:28 PM »
Yeah, he did the tile art for the game.  but the whole Egyptian theme is mostly just a generic idea based off the many we thought about. 

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Mishran

« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2013, 03:54:51 PM »
Couldn't Lootin' Larry be JB's second cousin or something? Having ties between the two would be cool. Make Larry a hidden, unlockable, guest character in Jungle Bros. =P~ His weapon could be throwing gold bars at the enemies. :P

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2013, 08:46:56 PM »
Hmmm, maaaaaaybe that could work.  Instead of throwing boomerang's n' such like normal, he could throw gold bars or whatever.  I suppose we could have him look slightly different then the Jungle Bros., though I don't know how much.  I would think we'd mainly want to keep him the same size for the hitbox, unless Nod would want to adjust things moreso for Larry.

esteban

« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2013, 12:40:02 AM »
Couldn't Lootin' Larry be JB's second cousin or something? Having ties between the two would be cool. Make Larry a hidden, unlockable, guest character in Jungle Bros. =P~ His weapon could be throwing gold bars at the enemies. :P

I think it would be nice if Lootin' Larry was at least referenced in Jungle Brothers...but being a playable character would be super duper.

[dos centavos]
I know Lord_Cack has many (if not all) stage artwork planned out...but I WOULD LOVE SOME SUBTLE VISUAL HOMAGES to Pyramid Plunder. Even something as simple as a LONE PYRAMID PEEKING OVER THE TREELINE/HORIZON in one of the stages. Or some of the power-ups/bonus items (found in hidden nooks and crannies) might reference Pyramid Plunder.

Anyway, I don't want Lord_Cack's vision to be diluted by Pyramid Plunder references, but I think it would be neat to incorporate them, especially since the assets to Pyramid Plunder are available.

[/dos centavos] (Which, at current market value, is far less than US $00.02)

« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 12:42:58 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

hoobs88

« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2013, 07:35:56 AM »
This game looks great so far! Like a cross between Super Mario Bros (treasure boxes instead of question blocks) and Castlevania (whip and boomerang). Digging the music too!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Bardoly

« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2013, 03:15:14 PM »

I second this!

saturndual32

« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2015, 04:42:16 PM »
Sorry to bring back this old topic, but Jungle Bros was looking awesome!. So what happened to it?.
Being a big fan of action/platform games, this game had me very interested.

Mathius

« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2015, 05:00:15 PM »
I still have my demo copy Rove made for MGC 2012. Should I give it a proper burial?
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2015, 06:36:01 PM »
AFAIK, it's dead.  At least for now.  There may have been talk of someone else picking it up, like carrying over to Eponasoft, or maybe even Aetherbyte?  However, I haven't heard from Lord Cack in maybe a year or more.  Same goes for Rover & Keranu, haven't seen them around lately.  Plus, Rover was going thru some serious trials & trib's last I heard! 

A lot was done in regards of gfx between Lord Cack, Black Tiger, & Keranu.  And I'd say I finished most of the soundtrack(with a few songs from Odonadon that I jazzed up a bit, & 2 that I re-did from some of my bros. old trip hop material).  I actually stopped working on it when I lost all the memory in my sequencer(in the middle of jazzing up Odonadon's boss track), so I moved on(for now) to doing a rebook soundtrack for Bonknuts CD port of Mega Man.

It is what it is for now.  If it comes alive again, dope, if not, I'll just keep working on other stuffs. :/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 06:38:05 PM by ParanoiaDragon »

saturndual32

« Reply #144 on: December 10, 2015, 12:41:55 AM »
Thats a shame. I loved the music from the Jungle Bros. demos, ParanoiaDragon. That was yours?, great stuff!

Black Tiger

« Reply #145 on: December 10, 2015, 06:52:52 AM »
Last I heard from lord_cack and Keranu, they were hoping to find someone to port it to iOS or Xbox Live Arcade or something in the meantime.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Bonknuts

« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2015, 06:59:41 AM »
Who has all the assets to the game?

touko

« Reply #147 on: December 10, 2015, 07:31:08 PM »

Are you interested ??   :wink:

Bonknuts

« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2015, 03:15:38 AM »

Are you interested ??   :wink:

It's seems such a shame to let it go to waste, doesn't it? I mean, it needs a PCE release. 

touko

« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2015, 05:05:46 AM »
It's seems such a shame to let it go to waste, doesn't it? I mean, it needs a PCE release.
i agree man  :wink: