Author Topic: Jungle Bros: lord_cack's pet project! :)  (Read 7359 times)

Black Tiger

Re: Jungle Bros: lord_cack's pet project! :)
« Reply #150 on: December 11, 2015, 08:57:15 AM »
Who has all the assets to the game?

They were hosted on frozen utopia's site at one point. I don't know if anyone ever downloaded them all. Each contributor likely has stuff that didn't get posted yet. Keranu was always polishing up the animations.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Bonknuts

« Reply #151 on: December 11, 2015, 11:11:46 AM »
When I did two routines for MSR, I was never given access to the source code. I had to write them with the assumption Rover would know how to implement them without problems. So I'm assuming he didn't put up the source code for everyone to have access to. Does this sound about right? If so, that means only he has the source code.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 12:51:57 PM by Bonknuts »

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #152 on: December 11, 2015, 05:08:05 PM »
I just farted around on the Jungle Bros. forums, didn't see any source code.  I think LC has most of the tiles, K has most the sprites & their animation, & Nod has the code.  Unless BT has a lot of the sprites & tiles, I think we'd need to specifically get resources from LC & K. We would need someone(BT?) to take up doing the rest of any tiles/sprites needed, unless K & LC become available again.

nodtveidt

« Reply #153 on: December 12, 2015, 02:03:33 AM »
lord cack and I figured we would bring the game to the PC... so we started a PC conversion. It didn't get too far though, unfortunately. I should still have all of the assets here somewhere... if you want to give it a go, feel free. I can also give ya the original source code if you'd like.

Bonknuts

« Reply #154 on: December 13, 2015, 04:54:37 AM »
lord cack and I figured we would bring the game to the PC... so we started a PC conversion. It didn't get too far though, unfortunately. I should still have all of the assets here somewhere... if you want to give it a go, feel free. I can also give ya the original source code if you'd like.

Definitely. But how would this work? Who hold ownership of this game? The group you guys were a part of, or a single person? How much needs to be finished?

nodtveidt

« Reply #155 on: December 13, 2015, 11:21:20 AM »
Well, I don't care about the source... it can go WTFPL. The assets, however, you would need to talk to each respective dev for. Technically, all of the assets belong to Frozen Utopia, but since Frozen Utopia is now little more than a domain name waiting to expire, I would clear things up with everyone before doing anything with the assets. We had the first level working, which I planned to use to build the remaining levels off of. We just kept changing things around a lot, people had IRL things going on, and we just never managed to pull it all off. But that's ok, because we all learned a lot from the experience. I learned that I cannot lead a team effort, I suck at communication, and I waste people's time.

touko

« Reply #156 on: December 13, 2015, 08:07:17 PM »
But that's ok, because we all learned a lot from the experience. I learned that I cannot lead a team effort, I suck at communication, and I waste people's time.
Don't be hard with yourself, it's not easy to be the main coder and a team manager .
I think we all need a person specifically doing that job.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 02:20:35 AM by touko »

wyndcrosser

« Reply #157 on: December 14, 2015, 05:04:28 AM »
Damn, I was always hoping this would get released. I even spoke to someone on the facebook page which said a demo release would be given out, but I never saw it.

esteban

« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2015, 06:13:04 PM »
To breathe life into an old PCE project is the work of a saint.

Or a doctor.

Or a madman.

|    | 

spenoza

« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2015, 04:28:45 AM »
Will we never get to see the creepy sheep dildo clouds on a real console? I has a sad.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

Black Tiger

« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2015, 06:41:02 AM »
Will we never get to see the creepy sheep dildo clouds on a real console? I has a sad.

Those clouds are one of the things that currently exist in a playable stage.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Mathius

« Reply #161 on: December 19, 2015, 11:26:36 AM »
I forgot about those! :lol:
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

lord_cack

« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2015, 05:39:19 PM »
Hey all, stop in for a minute and WHAM, awesome people are talking about Jungle Bros.

As for assets, I have all but the music. Tiles, sprites, everything.

As for the game itself, Jungle Bros. Is a complicated beast. I have plans for TWO titles. One you are aware of, Jungle Bros. But the game was quickly eating through the PC Engines assets. So, I talked to Nod about porting that game to PC where it could be the game we envisioned.

But there is a second title I wanted to do on PC Engine and that game is Jungle Bros. Clash. It is a two player simultanious game like Mario Bros. You compete to collect fragments on each stage whoever collected the most won (out of five pieces). Their would be many stages, items to collect for high score and a variety of enemies to compete with in each stage.

I am always ready to get back to work with this title and the PC Jungle Bros. Game with who ever is willing to work on it.
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

lord_cack

« Reply #163 on: December 19, 2015, 05:49:53 PM »
As for how much work specifically needs done, the tile work is done from a design standpoint. Level design is where I am on that.

Sprite design is mostly complete I would say. Sprite animations is the big thing that needs done. Keranu got busy IRL and that stopped. Plus if the game is going to be a PC game then the animation can now be bumped up a bit further as well.

The music is like 98% done and AMAZING.

I spoke to everyone involved a few years ago about continuing on with the work without them and everyone was cool then. Though I think Paranoia Dragon was down for going forward with it. I know K said he was too busy and I don't recall what BT said. But one thing I know, I will be involved with whatever happens moving forward. But I am very excited at the prospect of working on this (and many other ideas and things I have rattling in my head) again...

lord_cack

« Reply #164 on: December 19, 2015, 05:56:00 PM »

Definitely. But how would this work? Who hold ownership of this game? The group you guys were a part of, or a single person? How much needs to be finished?

Bonknuts, we briefly discussed doing some work together a year or to ago and had some PMs here on the forums but I never heard back from you at that time. You had some school thing going on and were very busy I recall so I figured that was it.

Anyway, I'm down for working on this (and again, I have tons of resources.... Tile work intended for Neutopia III etc.)