Author Topic: Snatcher for Sega CD  (Read 2689 times)

esteban

Snatcher for Sega CD
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2005, 09:00:20 PM »
Quote from: "Tron"
Btw yall if ya need a, Snatcher site that compares each version try this.

http://community-2.webtv.net/LiquidSnake/ThePolicenauts0/page2.html
Holy crap, that's a webTV site. Awesome. I remember when I thought webTV was the koolest idea (this was before digital cable, mind you) because all the tv show info and schedules were available. Some shows / advertisements even had "special hyperlinks" that you could press to view their website. I don't think this feature lasted too long, but I was like "wow, this is the future"

This was a dial-up internet connection, of course :)
  |    | 

Ninja Spirit

Snatcher for Sega CD
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2005, 03:26:59 AM »
Oh wow! Meryl Silverburg from MGS2 made her debut in Policenauts? That's awesome I didnt know that.

I've had Sega Saturn Snatcher and Policenauts for PS1 for 3 years, but didnt play much of neither due to the language barrier. They're still staying in my collection just for peace of mind.

TR0N

Snatcher for Sega CD
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2005, 01:16:48 PM »
Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"
Oh wow! Meryl Silverburg from MGS2 made her debut in Policenauts? That's awesome I didnt know that.

I've had Sega Saturn Snatcher and Policenauts for PS1 for 3 years, but didnt play much of neither due to the language barrier. They're still staying in my collection just for peace of mind.

I have Snatcher for my DuoR and Saturn,for Policenauts Saturn also.

One of these days i just use a walk through to finsh them both.

I doubt will we ever see, Policenauts in english fans have tried petions and every thing else and, Konami USA still refused a domestic release. Even worse on how the... Saturn version almost got one but cancel at the last minute :evil:

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

rolins

Snatcher for Sega CD
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2005, 03:17:44 PM »

The Meryl Silverburg in MGS and in Policenauts might actually be two different people because both episodes are set 35 years apart. In MGS, Snake meets Meryl in her late teens and in Policenauts she is 24 years old. I think Kojima goofed on the time line or Meryl (from MGS) was just there as a cameo. I hope she will return to another Metal Gear game that would be cool.

GUTS

Snatcher for Sega CD
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2005, 03:47:58 PM »
There was a guy working on a translation of the script to Policenauts, but I can't find the link on his site anymore (it's there, but it doesn't work).  

http://policenauts.net/

That's the guy's site, it's still pretty cool with info on every version of the game ever, but a script translation would have ruled.

Ninja Spirit

Snatcher for Sega CD
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2005, 03:51:25 PM »
The reason why we didnt' get Policenauts is proof of the close mindedness of American gamers.

Though it's a cult classic among "hardcore", the sales for it tanked dramatically, because apparently, back in 1995, the casual action gamer would prolly be turned off quickly by the fact they're gonna get the story through just clicking words. So they turned to Spiderman Maximum Carnage or such. So I guess with Policenauts, they prolly didn't wanna take that risk and they call the people that wanted it in English a small crowd.

PS: On a tangent, is my signature scaring anyone? Really didn't intend it to.

Keranu

Snatcher for Sega CD
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2005, 05:59:43 PM »
Nice site, GUTS. Oh and the old WebTV site is great (I got a kick when I realized it was WebTV also last night!); I've been to it many times for the past four years!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

Snatcher for Sega CD
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2005, 07:31:11 PM »
PS: On a tangent, is my signature scaring anyone? Really didn't intend it to.
No, but I am curious about where the image is from! Tell me! 7th. Guest? Dracula Unleashed DVD FMV? :)
  |    | 

GUTS

Snatcher for Sega CD
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2005, 08:01:18 PM »
I think it's from that horrible old Suspiria movie, I forced myself to watch part of it cause the nerds at IGN ranked it as a top 10 scary movie, but it was so laughably bad I didn't make it more than halfway through.  I think Ninja Spirit and Keranu must have a common love of old cheesy stuff, haha.

esteban

Snatcher for Sega CD
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2005, 08:25:10 PM »
Quote from: "GUTS"
I think it's from that horrible old Suspiria movie, I forced myself to watch part of it cause the nerds at IGN ranked it as a top 10 scary movie, but it was so laughably bad I didn't make it more than halfway through.  I think Ninja Spirit and Keranu must have a common love of old cheesy stuff, haha.
Oh, Suspiria is awesome! No, it's not gonna freak you out like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but it's a blast! Gotta see it in a theatre, I think :)  But IGN = crap, no argument there.

Many of these old films are really "stylized horror" that seem passe (or should I say "toothless") now, but it's fun to appreciate them for what they are.
  |    | 

GUTS

Snatcher for Sega CD
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2005, 09:07:37 AM »
^^ Yeah that was my problem with it, too much fruity stuff.  I was expecting The Exorcist level scariness, and ended up with something that seemed like it was trying too hard to be weird and scary.  I wish I hadn't read that stupid ass IGN article before seeing it, it wouldn't have been built it up so much for me and then I might have enjoyed it a little instead of being a huge let down.  

For me nothing is ever going to top Linda Blair spider walking upside down on the stairs and then puking in The Exorcist, that part was so f*cking scary I was literally shaking.

Michael Helgeson

Snatcher for Sega CD
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2005, 10:21:30 AM »
My fav horrors are the Phantasm movies.
I have 1-3 on ld. My copy of 1 is the special edition gatefold LD.
I have yet to locate a copy of Phantasm 4 Oblivion.It was pressed,but rarely pops up on ebay. I have many other favs,but the Phantasm fliks top my list.I hope they make a 5th one before Angus Scrim passes away.Im sure hes pretty old by now.
Bruce Campbell was set to be in it if they ever get it off the ground.Then again,it could already be finished and we would never know.Don is pretty quiet about his projects these days.
Bubba Ho Tep just kinda came out of nowhere.

esteban

Snatcher for Sega CD
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2005, 01:16:26 PM »
Quote from: "Michael Helgeson"
My fav horrors are the Phantasm movies.
I have 1-3 on ld. My copy of 1 is the special edition gatefold LD.
I have yet to locate a copy of Phantasm 4 Oblivion.It was pressed,but rarely pops up on ebay. I have many other favs,but the Phantasm fliks top my list.I hope they make a 5th one before Angus Scrim passes away.Im sure hes pretty old by now.
Bruce Campbell was set to be in it if they ever get it off the ground.Then again,it could already be finished and we would never know.Don is pretty quiet about his projects these days.
Bubba Ho Tep just kinda came out of nowhere.
Man, the Phantasm series is awesome. It's one of those formulas that just works, but you don't know why it works so damn well. Even with their humor, they can be pretty darn tense! Seeing these as a kid was the best. Scared me proper (the first two, anyway).
  |    | 

Michael Helgeson

Snatcher for Sega CD
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2005, 01:25:12 PM »
Yea,and from my understanding,2 and 3 are not on DVD in the US offically,which is really sad.The UK has them,but th eUS doesnt.I dont really car emuch either way.Im aLD man,and you cant beat the sound of  the LD's,or the cover jackets for that matter.
If someone would just put 4 on ld up for sale on ebay......

TR0N

Snatcher for Sega CD
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2005, 06:29:29 PM »
Quote from: "stevek666"
Quote from: "Tron"
Btw yall if ya need a, Snatcher site that compares each version try this.

http://community-2.webtv.net/LiquidSnake/ThePolicenauts0/page2.html
Holy crap, that's a webTV site. Awesome. I remember when I thought webTV was the koolest idea (this was before digital cable, mind you) because all the tv show info and schedules were available. Some shows / advertisements even had "special hyperlinks" that you could press to view their website. I don't think this feature lasted too long, but I was like "wow, this is the future"

This was a dial-up internet connection, of course :)

Yeah that site been a round for a long time.

I use to look at it on the good old... sega netlink this was befor, i even had my own pc.

Heck when i started out surfing the net it was like this, Sega Netlink+Saturn then it was the, DC and finally getting a PC.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec