Author Topic: Snatcher for Sega CD  (Read 2615 times)

Ninja Spirit

Snatcher for Sega CD
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2005, 04:14:16 AM »
Hey I can use that site to possibly get me through Policenauts finally.

TR0N

Snatcher for Sega CD
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2005, 09:43:16 PM »
Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"
The reason why we didnt' get Policenauts is proof of the close mindedness of American gamers.

Though it's a cult classic among "hardcore", the sales for it tanked dramatically, because apparently, back in 1995, the casual action gamer would prolly be turned off quickly by the fact they're gonna get the story through just clicking words. So they turned to Spiderman Maximum Carnage or such. So I guess with Policenauts, they prolly didn't wanna take that risk and they call the people that wanted it in English a small crowd.

PS: On a tangent, is my signature scaring anyone? Really didn't intend it to.

It could have been that as well don't forget. At the time sales for the, Saturn in the u.s were at all time low. I wouldn't be surpise if, Konami saw it as a waste to release.. a game here for a dieing system.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

DragonmasterDan

Snatcher for Sega CD
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2005, 06:29:24 PM »
Quote from: "Tron"
Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"
The reason why we didnt' get Policenauts is proof of the close mindedness of American gamers.

Though it's a cult classic among "hardcore", the sales for it tanked dramatically, because apparently, back in 1995, the casual action gamer would prolly be turned off quickly by the fact they're gonna get the story through just clicking words. So they turned to Spiderman Maximum Carnage or such. So I guess with Policenauts, they prolly didn't wanna take that risk and they call the people that wanted it in English a small crowd.

PS: On a tangent, is my signature scaring anyone? Really didn't intend it to.

It could have been that as well don't forget. At the time sales for the, Saturn in the u.s were at all time low. I wouldn't be surpise if, Konami saw it as a waste to release.. a game here for a dieing system.

By 1998 Sega had pretty much pulled the plug on the Saturn in North America only a small handful of games were released that year the most notable being Panzer Dragoon Saga, Shining Force III and Working Design's Magic Knight Rayearth. A lot of stores started clearencing Saturn hardware early that year as Sega started cancelling titles, the whole situaton just esclated from there and third party Saturn releases (with exception to MKR) were all left out of the picture, Policenauts included
--DragonmasterDan

DragonmasterDan

Snatcher for Sega CD
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2005, 06:31:02 PM »
Quote from: "stevek666"
Btw yall if ya need a, Snatcher site that compares each version try this.

http://community-2.webtv.net/LiquidSnake/ThePolicenauts0/page2.html
Holy crap, that's a webTV site. Awesome. I remember when I thought webTV was the koolest idea (this was before digital cable, mind you) because all the tv show info and schedules were available. Some shows / advertisements even had "special hyperlinks" that you could press to view their website. I don't think this feature lasted too long, but I was like "wow, this is the future"

This was a dial-up internet connection, of course :)

Yeah that site been a round for a long time.

I use to look at it on the good old... sega netlink this was befor, i even had my own pc.

Heck when i started out surfing the net it was like this, Sega Netlink+Saturn then it was the, DC and finally getting a PC.

Heh, I had a netlink too, that planetweb site actually still has some of my saves uploaded :) Or it did last I knew
--DragonmasterDan

TR0N

Snatcher for Sega CD
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2005, 08:24:51 PM »
Quote from: "DragonmasterDan"
Quote from: "stevek666"
Btw yall if ya need a, Snatcher site that compares each version try this.

http://community-2.webtv.net/LiquidSnake/ThePolicenauts0/page2.html
Holy crap, that's a webTV site. Awesome. I remember when I thought webTV was the koolest idea (this was before digital cable, mind you) because all the tv show info and schedules were available. Some shows / advertisements even had "special hyperlinks" that you could press to view their website. I don't think this feature lasted too long, but I was like "wow, this is the future"

This was a dial-up internet connection, of course :)

Yeah that site been a round for a long time.

I use to look at it on the good old... sega netlink this was befor, i even had my own pc.

Heck when i started out surfing the net it was like this, Sega Netlink+Saturn then it was the, DC and finally getting a PC.

Heh, I had a netlink too, that planetweb site actually still has some of my saves uploaded :) Or it did last I knew

Planetweb site was cool, i like the fact... you could down load saves for saturn games 8)

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec